She’s the sweetest girl you know, and has a soft spot for Mother Nature. What gifts can you get for the young environmentalist? Most store bought goods are probably out of the question, and so is anything excessively materialistic or wasteful.
Thankfully, there are plenty of gift ideas out there that easily fit the criteria. Give this list a look, and see if you get any ideas.
- Handcrafted products – Feeling creative, and don’t want to contribute to the wasteful consumerism of our society? Go ahead and craft your own gifts for a fraction of the cost, and with a result that she will be much more thrilled with. Everything from candles to knitwear can be a delightful surprise.
- Recycled flowers – For a romantic touch without having to pointlessly kill a bunch of flowers, a bouquet made out of recycled materials might just be the perfect gift. Eco Flower proudly says that this is not just a more environmentally friendly option, it can also be more practical. These flowers usually beat traditional bouquets in price, longevity, and even beauty and scents.
- Reusable containers – As a rule, eco-friendly people are horribly averse to any sort of waste, so you won’t usually find them using disposable containers, cups, or the like. Why not give her a set of sealable snack bags, a brand new thermos, or even a high end lunch box? Make sure that she actually needs it, though, or it’s a significant upgrade to what she is currently using.
- Adopt an animal – No, not a stray cat or dog (though those might also work) – this time, you get to adopt an endangered animal, courtesy of the WWF. Make a donation in her name, and you get to adopt one of five endangered species. It even comes with a plush, a photo, and a certificate of adoption.
- Outdoor related hobby gifts – Anyone who loves nature usually loves spending time outdoors, so give her an excuse to do just that. Get her a membership to a rock climbing club, or enter her in a race event that she excels at. Maybe she needs a new paddle for her kayak, or a pair of skis. The choices are endless, so just pick one that you think she will like.
These gifts are sure to please anyone that cares deeply about preserving our environment, and they show that you respect their commitment to making the world a better place.