There are hundreds of online marketers and retailers around the world, and they sell thousands of different items and products over the Internet every day. With a competition this tough and huge, how can you make sure that customers will choose and buy your products?
It is important that you know what factors customers consider every time they shop. This is for you to convince them to buy your products instead of your competitors. Understanding buying triggers and working around them can help you guarantee a sale. Here are some examples:
- Price – Customers want to get their money’s worth, and they will not hesitate to switch to a different seller that offers a lower-priced product. As a retailer, PriceManager and marketing experts recommend having a competitive price monitoring system. This is to ensure that your product pricing is within market standards to prevent you from losing another customer.
- Product Description – Apart from photos of the items you’re selling, a detailed description can help customers in making the right decision. Be factual and truthful in describing, so customers know what they are getting. A comprehensive product description gives customers an impression that you know what you are selling.
- Customer Feedback – Word of mouth is a powerful tool that can affect consumers easily, and many of them usually take the advice of previous customers when buying a product. If your website has many positive reviews and high ratings from previous clients, it is likely that customers will buy from you.
- Perks on Total Cost – If lowering the price of your products isn’t possible, you can still entice customers by offering extras that will make their purchase worthy, such as discounted shipping fees, free delivery charges, or additional bonus items.
- Convenience – Online shopping is supposed to be easy, so don’t give customers a difficult time. Make sure that all items are on-hand and are readily available for shipping.
- Transparency – A common fear among online shoppers is that they might not get the items as promised. By stating a clear warranty and return policy, you can make the customers feel comfortable in proceeding with their transactions.
Online marketing can be difficult and the competition can get serious. Being aware of what your customers look for when they buy an item sets your business way ahead of your competitors.